A Cool Idea I Had

Talk about all hardware related things here!
Post Reply
Floofyboy
Cool Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2025 8:15 am
Location: Existence

A Cool Idea I Had

Post by Floofyboy »

So before I say it, let me give you some context:
I recently got into disassembling electronics and salvaging parts. My first electronic device I disassembled was a PS2 Slim, and I had an idea- what if I turned the case into a computer!?

I feel like I should follow through with this idea! I'd need a Raspberry Pi (I have one from a Kano Computer Kit I got around 2015 IIRC, but I may need an Arduino or something), a screen, keyboard, and a mouse. Right now... I have:
  • A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  • The PS2 Slim's cooling fan
  • The PS2 Slim's disk drive (Ribbon cables are intact! EDIT: nevermind :< Accidentally broke the connection of the hard-wired white ribbon)
  • A USB mouse (My Dad found one for me!)
  • A USB keyboard (RGB! And it's a mechanical one too!)
  • LibreELEC OS (Will change)
This list will be updated accordingly as I acquire materials.

Below is an update log of significant events. As I progress, I will log these here.
  1. (4/9/26) Installed Risc OS on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  2. (4/?/26) Installed LibreELEC OS
A new thing. The screen is going to be detachable!
Last edited by Floofyboy on Tue May 05, 2026 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a nerd :3
Floofyboy
Cool Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2025 8:15 am
Location: Existence

Re: A Cool Idea I Had

Post by Floofyboy »

NOTICE: I am trying to get a new OS but NOOBS Lite won't install anything other than LibreELEC and Risc OS. Anything else gives me errors. I may need to either A; reformat the micro sd card, or B; get a new board.
I'm a nerd :3
Floofyboy
Cool Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2025 8:15 am
Location: Existence

Re: A Cool Idea I Had

Post by Floofyboy »

NOTICE: I may have to postpone this project until I learn the skills needed to do this (Coding, circuitry, soldering, wiring pins, etc...). I'm sorry to all who wanted to see the finished project. :<
I'm a nerd :3
Post Reply